5 Smart Ways to Increase Your Business’ Online Visibility
YRSK | Published: 18-01-21
In this scenario, going digital seems to be the only way, and you need to incorporate crucial digital marketing strategies for B2B lead generation.
Besides these strategies, there are some smart ways, which will help to increase your business’ visibility on the digital platform.
It is important to keep in mind that it is not enough to offer high-quality products or services. With changing marketing landscapes amid this pandemic, your target audience first has to know about your company’s existence.
A recent marketing study on Visible Experts℠ shows that B2B marketing strategies that improve visibility have proved to be most effective in generating new business.
Five Smart Ways to Improve the Online Visibility of Your Business
The five listed smart ways or strategies here can improve the visibility of your business in their own ways. At the same time, these strategies are co-related and their combined effects are impressive. Here are the smart ways.
- Social Media Optimization
These days, no business can ignore the importance of social media. Particularly, during this ongoing pandemic when even B2B buyers are quite active on their social media accounts, marketers have an excellent opportunity to capitalize on it.
One of the major advantages of social media is its wide reach through social networking, without geographic barriers, cost issues, or scheduling conflicts. Even for B2B companies, social media networking works effectively to win new businesses.
Some of the recent findings on social media will provide a clear picture:
- 60 percent of B2B customers check out a business on social media before buying from them. Potential customers mainly check LinkedIn. However, do not eliminate other social platforms, as they also play a crucial part in engaging customers with storytelling.
- 17 percent of referrals come from social media. These people learn about your business through its online presence, including your company’s website and social media accounts.
- 18 percent of B2B professional millennials, from the age group between 25 and 34 years, will never refer a provider that has no social media presence.
Simply put, you will receive more referrals and will likely win new clients if your business has a social media presence.
2. Earning Backlinks
Earning links or backlinks is about associating your informative content and thought leadership with other reputable websites that have high domain authority (DA), page authority (PA), and ranking.
If you can encourage thought leaders to link or share your content, you can drive quality traffic and improve your website’s authority as well as your business’ online visibility.
The two main approaches for earning backlinks are below:
Guest Posts: These your articles and blogs published on another website or online publication. By strategically placing a link back to your website within your guest post content, you can create backlinks to your site and build visibility with a relevant and interactive audience.
Shareworthy Content: This is a type of content that you can easily share online. A piece of content becomes more shareable because it is easy to consume by the target audience. There are four types of content that fall in the category of the most shareworthy category: Lists, research, opinions, and videos.
Email marketing is a practical and powerful tool for building online visibility, particularly if you develop email copies, keeping your end-customers in mind.
You can use the following two types of emails:
Informative: Informative or educational emails provide information that will benefit customers. These emails provide some values to readers without being pushy. The target audience considers educational emails without a sales pitch useful. This is why informative emails should comprise nearly 80 percent of your emails.
Emails with CTA: The purpose of sending these emails is to make recipients take an action, such as sign up for a newsletter, download an eBook, to develop a deeper level of engagement.
Here are some ways to create highly effective email marketing campaigns:
- Make sure your emails portray your brand personality at every touchpoint.
- Keep in mind the 80/20 rule. Regardless of how many emails you send, make 80 percent of the content educational and 20 percent can comprise offers.
- Use catchy subject lines that are clickable. Keep the subject lines 40 characters or less, and be precise.
- Provide a link for people to unsubscribe.
- Make sure the emails are mobile-friendly.
In addition, remember that there are several trigger words, which may send your emails straight into the recipients’ spam or junk folder. Words such as “free,” “sale,” or “cheap,” in the subject line can flag them as spams, and they may not get through the filter.
4. Offer Incentives to Engage Customers
Give incentives to your customers to increase their engagement with your product or service. You can host interesting contests or giveaway free products or mention about customers who refer or promote your brand on social platforms.
Some of the most popular examples of giving away incentives to customers include offering reward points or cashback, offer a discount on the next purchase, offer a free product, a free upgrade to the premium account, etc.
5. Associate Your Brand with Influencers
Identifying and engaging influencers in the relevant industry can enhance your company’s visibility. Influencers can promote your product/service to their social circles and help increase your brands’ outreach.
The following are a few useful ways through which you can find influencers on social media:
- Search influencers with keywords on Google
- Explore LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram
- Use tools such as Buzz stream and Ninja Outreach to send out personalized emails to influencers.
In addition, try to connect with people who are interested in the products or services your business offers. For example, if your company sells kitchen appliances, chefs can give reliable testimonials and influence potential customers.
Revolve your digital marketing activities around your core business objective. By doing so, you can project a reliable brand image to your customers
By implementing these five smart ways, you will be able to build visibility and grow your B2B business. We would love to hear from you how these strategies worked for your business.